5 Best Refrigerators in India 2020
There was a time when people found it hard to preserve food items for long days, especially the perishable ones. But with the advent of technology and the inventions by some great minds, thankfully we find ourselves out of such a difficult situation. Today, refrigerators have become a must-have kitchen appliance for a vast majority of households. Most of the houses in India have the best refrigerators. Well, who wouldn’t like to have a glass of cold water on a hot, tiring day?
Buying a refrigerator is not an easy decision to make. Experts at GuideLegacy have evaluated the best refrigerators in India and offer you the perfect guide for purchasing a useful product the next time you visit a store. Since every home’s needs are slightly different, we’ve done our research to give you the best. Our experts have narrowed down the best refrigerator brands in India that offer high tech, durable, and attractive services.
Best Refrigerator Brands in India 2020
LG 260 Litre Double Door Refrigerator
Not many brands can match the quality of L.G refrigerators. Designed to give you unmatched performance, the LG 260Litre Double Door Refrigerator ranks first in being one of the best refrigerators in India. It is one of the most advanced and energy-efficient compressor with a 4.5-star rating. It is a frost-free refrigerator whose capacity is 260 litres which can easily suffice a family of 5-6 people. Besides these, the fridge comes with 3 shelves of spill-proof unbreakable glass material.
This refrigerator comes with delectable features such as:
- Ice Beam Door Cooling system: This circulates air from the vents along with the back, it makes sure every corner of the refrigerator is cooled evenly.
- Stabilizer: A reliable stabilizer free operation (100V~310V) reduces the chances of damage due to voltage fluctuations.
- Auto smart Connect: This automatically connects the refrigerator to the home inverter so that every time the power goes off it spontaneously takes inverter power to run the refrigerator without any manual supervision.
- Jet Ice technology: To satisfy your ice-cream temptations, the refrigerator uses a multi airflow technology. It also caters to the need of ice at short notices.
- Moist Balance Crisper: This maintains an optimum moisture level inside the vegetable box to the keeps fruits, vegetable fresh for weeks.
The LG 260Litre Double Door Refrigerator comes with a 1-year warranty and a 10 days replacement policy on Amazon. LG provides a fast and easy way to troubleshoot issues by the LG Customer Service Helpline and best after-sales service to its customers.
Samsung 324 Liter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
Competing with LG, Samsung is another brand which provides one of the best refrigerators and other electrical appliances. It offers a wide range of refrigerators with a stylish design, display and power-packed features. The Samsung 324 Litre Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator ranks second amongst the best refrigerators in India. With a capacity of 324 litres, this is a good choice for medium-to-large-sized Indian families. Its 5-star rating makes it one of the most energy-efficient refrigerators in India. It comes with other excellent features such as:
- Moist Fresh Zone: The multiple airflow vents enable free movement of cold air and control the air circulation, thereby ensuring the maintenance of optimal humidity.
- Control Options: The in-built control options make it easy to set the temperature and other aspects without having to open the fridge.
- Cool Wall: The presence of a Cool Pack or Cool Pack in the freezer keeps food items chilled for up to 12 hours during a power cut, so it doesn’t spoil. This is one of the best ones to ensure high-quality performance with maximum power saving.
- Large Shelves: The refrigerator has shelves made of toughened glass, which can bear up to 150kg. The sliding feature of the shelves makes it convenient for the user to reach out and find the food items located at the back.
Besides, the refrigerator comes with a moveable ice maker and LED lighting feature that illuminates every corner of the appliance and makes it easy to locate the food. The Samsung 324 Litre Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator has a warranty of 1-year with a 10 days replacement policy. Samsung guarantees the durability of its energy-efficient Digital Inverter Compressor for the trouble-free, longer-lasting refrigerator.
Haier 320 Liter Double Door Refrigerator
This is a new Bottom Mounted Refrigerator by Haier which comes with some of the best cooling features. It has a capacity of 320 litres which is suitable for a family of 5-6 members. It is a double door frost-free refrigerator with a bottom freezer. The authentic design of the refrigerator gives it a lavish look. Its easy maintenance and anti-fungal gasket rank it third on the best refrigerators brands in India. The unique features of the refrigerator include:
- 1-hour Icing Technology: This technology ensures faster ice formation within 60 mins by bringing down the freezer temperature to -5 degrees.
- Twin Inverter Technology: This technology ensures that the compressor and fan run at different speeds on the basis of the load required by the fridge, making it cost & energy efficient.
- Stabilizer: The refrigerator has an in-built stabilizer which protects the compressor from voltage fluctuations from 135 to 300 Volts.
- Power Cut Backup: The cool pad inside the refrigerator saves the chillness for 10 hours in case of a power cut.
Besides these, the Haier 320 Litre Double Door Refrigerator possesses a toughened glass that can hold and withstand heavy utensils and other items. Its 2x large vegetable box helps to store double the amount of vegetables and fruits. The refrigerator comes with a 1-year warranty and 10 days replacement policy. Like LG, it offers the best after-sales service to its customers.
Whirlpool 265 Litre Double-Door Refrigerator
Although popular for its high-quality washing machines, Whirlpool is not left behind even when it comes to refrigerators. To suit the daily needs of the users, it comes with Convertible Freezer 5 in1 modes powered by Adaptive Intelligence Technology. The refrigerator has a capacity of 265 litres with a 4-star rating. This is one of the most eye-catchy refrigerators with an elegant finish. Some of the special features of the refrigerator include:
- AI technology: The artificial intelligence technology in the refrigerator senses, adapts and controls the temperature and humidity levels inside the refrigerator based on load, usage pattern, and outside weather conditions.
- Stabilizer: The refrigerator has an in-built stabilizer which protects the compressor from voltage fluctuations from 160 to 300 Volts.
- Micro block Technology: This feature blocks 99% of microbial growth which keeps foods healthy and fresh.
- Intellisense Inverter Technology: It auto connects to home inverters and helps in saving energy every day.
The Convertible Freezer 5 in1 mode includes All-Season Mode, Chef Mode, Dessert Mode, Party Mode and Deep Freeze Mode. The Vegetable Crisper with Honey Comb Moisture Lock-in Technology condenses the evaporated moisture from the food to ensure balanced air and optimum freshness.The refrigerator comes with a 1-year warranty and with a 10-year warranty on compressor.
LG 190 Litre Single Door Refrigerator
Not all good refrigerators have double doors. This has been proved right by LG’s 190 LitreSingle Door Refrigerator. With a 4 star rating, this refrigerator is all you need if you live in a nucleated or a small family. It has been ranked as one of the best refrigerators in India. It is a Direct Cool Refrigerator which means it requires manual defrosting, with a capacity of 190 litres. This fridge features an anti-bacterial gasket for keeping the food hygienic and healthy for extended periods. The features which make the refrigerator in demand are:
- Smart Connect Technology: This Direct Cool refrigerator is compatible with the home inverter. In other words, this technology connects the refrigerator to the home inverter, with no hassle during a power cut.
- Fast Ice Making: This exclusive feature makes ice cubes in just 108 minutes.
- Stabilizer: It has a powerful in-built stabilizer which handles a wide range of voltage fluctuations from 90V to up to 310 Volts.
- Moist-n-Fresh: The refrigerator has a special lattice-type box cover which maintains moisture at an optimum level. It condenses the evaporated moisture and locks them which keeps the fruits and vegetables fresh for a longer time.
The toughened glass shelves inside the fridge can bear a load up to 175kg. No matter how heavy the utensils are, the shelves are capable of holding heavy food items. The LG 190 LitreSingle Door Refrigerator comes with a 1-year warranty on products and 10-years warranty on the compressor. The product’s high ratings and positive reviews are a testimony to the trust and faith the customers have in the product.
The presence of a refrigerator helps in slowing down the reproduction rate of harmful bacteria in the food items. The climate-controlled interior of a fridge gives items like dairy products, meat, and fresh fruits and vegetables a longer shelf life. As the most used appliance in any home, the quality of your refrigerator matters. This makes it essential to go for the correct refrigerator brand. This article provides the most reliable information for buying the best refrigerator brands in India 2020.
- How do I clean the refrigerator properly?
A refrigerator has to be cleaned once every 2 to 3 months. To clean it properly, follow these steps:
- Turn off the refrigerator and all the food ingredients, drink and other contents.
- Remove the shelves, icebox, and drawers
- Using mild soap, wash the shelves, ice tray and drawers and let them dry under shade.
- Wipe the interiors and exteriors of the fridge with a clean washcloth
- Once the shelves are dry, place them back in their positions
Do not use hot water while cleaning the glass shelves as the extreme temperature can break the glass.
- Is it ok and safe to purchase a refrigerator online?
Buying a refrigerator, whether offline or online is a big decision as it is quite expensive. If this is your main concern, you need not worry much. Just like buying any other low cost item, buying a refrigerator or any other electrical appliance is absolutely safe and fraud-free, provided you purchase it from a reliable and well-trusted website. Moreover, you can also avail some amazing benefits like exchange and discounts without even bargaining.
- How long does a refrigerator last?
The life-span of a refrigerator depends on its quality and brand. The better the quality, the higher will be its life-span. Similarly, different brands offer different warranty periods to sustain the efficiency of the refrigerator. Most high-end refrigerators have a lifespan of 18 –20 years. However, cheaper models will last for not more than 1-year. Maintenance and care taken also play a role in the life of a refrigerator.
- Which is the best frost free or direct cooling?
The direct cooling fridge uses natural convection to circulate the air. Whereas, frost-free cooling circulates cool air with the help of electric fans. In direct cooling the air is not distributed well, so ice gets accumulated which in turn needs to be defrosted regularly. In frost-free cooling, the air reaches every corner preventing any ice accumulated. Compared to direct cooling, frost-free is the best choice.